Wish List

Friday, August 28, 2020

Simple sympathy card...

 I've been inspired by crafting friends who have been working hard to use their accumulated card parts (I'm talking about you, Lynette!). I recently went through some of mine and found a pretty dragonfly that my sister had cut for me (ahem) years ago. Since I always like to have sympathy cards on hand, I decided to use it on one.


I had this pre-colored panel (that's a card part, too, right?) and decided to use it as my background. First, I heat-embossed my sentiment with gold embossing powder. Then I added my panel to a green mat, which was taped to a white card base. I adhered the dragonfly and a few gold-colored flat-backed gems.


If I remember right, my sister cut this dragonfly out of some packaging material. I hope she'll correct me in the comments if I am wrong. Isn't it pretty? I don't know why it took me so long to use it.






I kept the inside of my card as simple as the outside. I stamped a tiny dragonfly and a sentiment with gold metallic ink. This ink is not the best--can any of you suggest a metallic ink brand that you really like?

I haven't bought any new card-making supplies, other than a few dies and double-sided tape, in ages. The thrift store gives me a lot of stuff which I use to make cards for them to sell. There is enough that I can also use it to make cards for my own use, too.

Have you been buying supplies online since the pandemic hit, or do you still go to the craft stores?  Are you making more cards now that you're staying home more? Inquiring minds want to know! lol

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

What a pretty card, Cheryl, with such a pretty dragonfly! Nice job of using up card parts. You betcha that a card panel is a card part, too. :) I have several. I have a ways to go to USE all of my card parts, but at least they are all in clear pockets in a three-ring binder and I can see each of them and I know what I have. It feels great! I haven't bought much new stuff for quite a while - even before the pandemic. I bought a new ATG tape runner and a kit from Gina K. That's about it. I'm going to need white cardstock before too long. I do buy that locally and it should be safe to go get it. I have made TONS of new cards and they are really, really piling up. I've had a little lull lately, though. Stay safe and stay well and happy card-making.

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. I like dragonflies and butterflies on sympathy cards. I have been making a lot more cards lately and making a small dent in my scrap box collection. I am in a Stampin" Up! hostess club so have been buying new products that way. Have not been in a craft store for months. I'm sure I am saving a lot of money because of that. If anyone you know needs an outlet to donate cards there is one Cards for Kindness on scrapbook.com. Send a Smile 4 Kids is very limited in what they take because hospitals are hesitant to take donations.

Anonymous said...

Yes it was from some packaging, I believe a small box, been awhile since I cut them. Dragon flies and butter flies are always good on sympathy cards. I have purchased on line, not a lot. Your sis.

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - the dragonfly is just beautiful and love the addition of the gold gems. I have card parts everywhere - need to take a day and just organize them. Every time I need something new I die cut or punch it only to find that I had some already ready to go on a card.