Wish List

Monday, August 24, 2020

Christmas, congrats and grapes...

In my latest order of products from In Love Art shop I received a pretty Vintage Frame stamp. It really adds a nice finishing touch to a card front. If you're interested in it, you will find it here, and you can use this 15% discount code:

G-21840

 Here's the card I made:

I know it's hard to see, but the colored cardstock I used for my focal panel has some shades of green in it. It's actually an upcycled piece from a large purchased Christmas card that I received in years past. The sentiment was cut from some gold foil packaging material. I'm definitely frugal when it comes to crafting!


I cut my poinsettia from colored cardstock, did a little shading (although it's hard to see) and added some gold drops to the center using a Viva Decor pen.






The inside of my card has a stamped sentiment and small holly image, which I colored with alcohol markers.









Another product that I had ordered from In Love Art shop was this Congratulations die.

It's a lovely die and cuts well, but be aware that the "Co" cuts separately from the rest of the word.

I glued together several layers of the word to give it some nice dimension. I also added some tiny blue gems to the "berries" on the sprigs that decorate the die-cut.

I think the leafy sprigs are really pretty, but they could definitely be cut off if you didn't want them there.

I left this card blank inside and it is now at the thrift store in my "rack of cards."


I got busy last week and picked some grapes off our grape vines.

They're small grapes but they have wonderful flavor and make excellent jelly.

I'm hoping to get a few more jars yet this summer. More grapes are ripening on the vine, and I will pick them soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful Christmas card - love the die - I am going to have to go check their dies out. We are going to make some blackberry jam - hubby picked several quarts of wild blackberries in our woods.

designbydonna said...

Beautiful frame for your Christmas greeting and poinsettia. I would have that all wonky. Did you stamp first and then cut the paper? The congratulations card can be for so many occasions. We used to make grape jelly when I was a kid. Not into canning now.

Lynette said...

Two great cards, Cheryl! Love that poinsettia! And the stamp and the dies:) Very nicely finished on the inside of the Christmas card, too! How fun that you made jam from your own grapes.

Lynne in NI said...

You've made some fab cards with your new goodies! Bet your grape jelly is delish. My gran used to make her own blackcurrant jam, it was always very exciting to see the magic happen, and definitely tastes sooooo much nicer than shop bought stuff.