Wish List

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #162: Lots of Layers...

It's amazing that we are nearly through the first week of August. It seems to me that summer whips by faster and faster every year.  I am happy, though, that this means it is time for another challenge at Let's Craft and Create

Our August challenge is "Lots of Layers." I don't usually put a lot of layers on my cards so this was definitely a stretch for me. To try to get more comfortable with the concept of "Lots of Layers," I decided to make two cards--both of them for Thanksgiving.


I found some Stampin' Up papers in my stash that were in fall colors; one of them was printed with leaves and acorns. I decided to use those elements as accents on my topmost layers.


For this card I pulled out my acorn dies and cut them from some kraft paper. I colored the tops a darker brown with an alcohol marker.

The stamped sentiment and enamel dots finished my card front nicely.













Here's a peek at my acorns. You can see that I've popped one of them up on some double-sided foam.

For the inside of my card, I used my computer to create a sentiment. I matted it and added a gold strip of cardstock at the bottom.

















For my second card, I found a layout online that I liked and, using the same papers as the first card, I created my card front.

I printed my front sentiment with my computer and then stamped a single leaf below it. I fussy-cut the mat behind my sentiment panel, added some enamel dots and popped it up on foam squares.









This card also has a computer-generated sentiment on the inside. I think I may still add a colored strip of CS across the bottom like I did on the first card, just to add a little color to the inside.

I see in the photo there is a tiny piece of white paper at the bottom of my sentiment panel. I'll remove that, too!

I hope you'll join in this month's fun and create a card with Lots of Layers. The Design Team has provided lots of inspiration for you over on the Let's Craft and Create blog. There will be a crafty prize to be won, so it's well worth your time.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how pretty and you do have the layers going on there. I can't believe that we are thinking fall/winter/holiday cards already. Love how you popped up the acorns.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the layers and the layouts of your cards. Very nicely done! I love them!

Lynette said...

I like all your layers, Cheryl - great job on the challenge! I agree - it's hard to believe that August has even arrived, much less that five of its days are almost gone already.

designbydonna said...

These are both great fall colored cards. Your layering is very eye catching.