Wish List

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Emboss and deboss...

I received a new Christmas embossing folder called Christmas Decor Pendant from In Love Art Shop and decided to make a couple of Christmas cards with it. This folder is available in their online store, and don't forget to use this 15% off coupon if you decide to purchase it:

G-22717

I don't usually use the debossed side when I make an impression with an embossing folder. After all, they don't call it an "embossing" folder for nothing! But sometimes its fun to do something a little different.


Here's a photo of both cards. For the first card I embossed a piece of watercolor paper, but flipped it over to use the debossed side. The second card features the usual embossed image.


After removing my panel from the embossing folder, I used a brayer to apply some aqua ink to the debossed side. The brayer insures that the ink does not fill the the debossed areas. 

Because this is a heavily textured watercolor paper, the texture shows through the inked areas. I was okay with that, though. I thought it gave it a bit of a rustic look.

My panel is backed with a black mat, aqua gems were added to the centers of each ornament, and my sentiment was stamped with Versafine ink.






The last thing I did was to add Wink of Stella to each ornament. I think if you look closely at this image, you can see a bit of the sparkle.









On the inside of my card, I did some light ink blending with teal ink around the outside edges and added a stamped sentiment.
















This card features the embossed image on smooth, mixed-media cardstock. To make the image stand out a bit more, I used a glitter pen to add some sparkle to the raised design.

It was actually pretty quick to do this, and really made a difference. I can see that this would be something I could do on a number of embossed panels while watching TV at night. And it's so pretty IRL!

I know that my mat and die-cut sentiment look black in the photo, but they're actually a dark purple. The gems in the centers of my ornaments are purple, too.











In this photo you can see the sparkle from the glitter pen and the purple gem a little better.









On the inside of this card I stamped the same sentiment with purple ink and ran my ink pad around the edge of my sentiment panel to add a little definition.

These were super quick cards to make, and I may make a few more. I only need 10 more Christmas cards, so I should soon have them done and can start on some for 2021. That will be a first for me!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both lovely. I like both looks. Have never used the debossed side. Going to take a second look at that. You onlly need 10 more Christmas cards? Way to go! The only reason I have any is I bought a kit and did put them together.

Lynette said...

These are both so pretty, Cheryl - love that folder both ways. Way to go on your cards for this year! I think I have about 15 - 20 yet to make.

Lynne in NI said...

These are so pretty Cheryl, love the different looks! Yes, getting ahead with Christmas cards was one of the few plus points from the lockdown! I've never been so ahead with mine ;)

Glittered Paws said...

Two very pretty Christmas cards ready to go - or to go to the resale shop. I have not brayered the debossed side but it is sure pretty. On my list of thing to try. Wink of Stella is so hard to photograph. But IRL it really adds that shimmer.