Wish List

Friday, August 21, 2020

It's Twofer time...

 The Twofer Card Challenge blog is wrapping up another of their monthly challenges, so I needed to get my entry in. It's always fun to try to create two very different cards using the same image.

This time, I decided to use my sun die. Since time was running short and my mojo was being very lackadaisical, it seemed a sun image was my best bet for coming up with two card ideas.

These cards were fun to make--especially since they both required some stenciling (one of my favorite card-making techniques).

I inked my background with a pale blue ink and then added some stenciled raindrops. The grass was cut with a border punch and inked around its bottom edge. I used various dies to cut out my sun, clouds and umbrella. The frog is from a fun Craftin' Desert Divas stamp set. He was stamped, colored and fussy cut, and I applied some Glossy Accents to his eyes. The frog, umbrella canopy and one of the clouds are all popped up on foam tape.

The stamped sentiment is from the same stamp set as the frog.


On the inside of my card, I added another cloud and stamped my sentiment onto it. I'm debating as to whether I should add a sun in the corner, too.








This card uses an NBUS leaf stencil, so I'm also entering this one into challenge #17 on the NBUS blog.

My flower is four sun die-cuts layered up so that the "petals" are in alternate positions. I've added some dark brown fun flock to the center of my flower, hoping it will look a little like those centers on coneflowers. The sentiment is also a die-cut, and I've added a few iridescent sequins.

Here's a little closer look at all the dimension of my flower. 









On the inside of this card, I have stamped a sentiment that I like, but have rarely used. It usually doesn't seem to fit the occasion, but I thought it worked out fine for this card.

That's it for me today. We'll have a quiet weekend, I'm sure. The one thing I miss a lot during this time of social distancing is going to the movies. We used to go almost every weekend. Watching movies at home just isn't the same!

I hope you have a good weekend wherever you are. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

8 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love both of your cards!! That one with the frog definitely made me smile. TFS

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, you hit a home run with this twofer. Who would think you can make a flower from a sun die cuts. I love that cute frog with his umbrella. Using the cloud for the sentiment inside is very creative. Yes on adding a sun inside, at least a partial one in the corner. The flower card inside sentiment seems to be your closing theme for your blog.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Using the "sun" die on both cards and yet two completely different themes. They're both great! That little frog is so cute holding the umbrella and the flower is lovely! (Ironic that I used the smallest sun die just this morning.)

Lynette said...

Oh, I love your sun-flower! How clever. Great color for it, too. The froggie card is really sweet, too.

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, when was the last time I saw fun flock used in a sentence? And where is mine, because I love how it looks on your PRETTY "sun" flower, Cheryl! I love how it nestles in the corner perfectly with that airy leaf stencil! What a great birthday card and super sediment on the inside! And your cheer-up card is bound to do just that for someone! That goofy cross-eyed frog does it for me every time, lol! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #30 and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

I wish I could stencil like this, Cheryl! I always get more ink on my desk, hands, and if you can believe it, face, when I get the stencils out! Perfect little raindrops, perfect little sunshower! Darling little froggie, too! Your birthday card is a real stunner! What a perfect way to use that sun die - make a coneflower (which looks like the ones in my neighbors yard, btw..)!! LOVE the fun flock center! The stenciled leaves are beautifully done, too. Someone is going to love getting this card in the mail!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

Glittered Paws said...

Such a beautiful sentiment - and yes you need to use it more. I really enjoying stenciling especially now with all the new brushes out there. You know I still reach for my big sponge daubers. Love the little frog holding his umbrella and your birthday card is great. Great job on both of these cards.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great Twofer, Cheryl - just love the sun above the froggie and the sun as a flower!! The stenciling adds so much to each card!!