Wish List

Friday, August 14, 2020

Gear up for a great day...

 I've been working on filling a rack with cards to sell at the thrift store. I will price them really low--most will be $2.00 or less, in order to make them really affordable. After all, a thrift store is supposed to be affordable, right? And it makes me happy to think that someone can get a handmade card for a low price.

Here is one of the cards I have made for my rack:

I've been making mostly flowery, feminine cards, but I figured I had better get my act together and make a few masculine cards, too.

I had the gear die set, so decided to make that the focal point. My sentiments (both front and inside) were computer-generated.

The cardstock that I used for the gear frame and extra gears is copper-colored with a metallic sheen.








Here's my interior sentiment. I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with this one! he he

I think it will work well for an older boy, particularly one who drives, or a grown man.

That's all I've got in the card department today.

We had a long line of strong storms work their way through Minnesota tonight. The tornado sirens went off just before the storm came through. We tend to sit up and take notice when that happens! Some funnel clouds were sighted outside the city, but there was no real damage other than a few downed trees and a loss of electricity for a few thousand residents. Thank goodness.

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


5 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is a great masculine card. That copper paper gives just enough shine without being glitzy. Love your sentiments, very creative. I think it will sell fast at the thrift store. Better make more than one.

Jeanne H said...

Well done, Cheryl. A wonderful guy card, I think.

Lynne in NI said...

Great card Cheryl, those years are fab!
I'm sure it's scary when those sirens go off - they must be so loud, I don't think I'd fancy living next door to one!!

Lynette said...

Cool card, Cheryl! And yes, so clever:) Glad you have stayed safe and didn't have damage.

Glittered Paws said...

Talk about a clever saying for the masculine birthday card. I have the gears die set, haven't used them for a while but love them cut out of the cooper. How kind of you to stock the resale shop.