Wish List

Friday, August 28, 2026

Postage collage card...

 My brother-in-law's birthday is this weekend and this is the card I made for him:

This top-folding card was a lot of fun to make. First I cut out the postage collage format from white cardstock. Then I used a stencil to add the orange and yellow background colors to each "stamp" area.

When the background was done, I selected the images and the postal markings I wanted to stamp in each space. Using a stamp positioner was a real timesaver because I could stamp numerous images at one time.

After the postage collage was adhered to the cardbase, I stamped a small "Happy Birthday" on white cardstock, cut it out and popped it up under the top left "stamps."


This was the sentiment I stamped on the inside. Another humorous one that I thought a guy might appreciate.

I have some other stencil sets, too, for this collage style card. I'll share the cards I make with them in future posts. 

The Minnesota State Fair is now in full swing and the traffic around here shows it! About two million people visit the fair each year so it's a pretty big deal. I have been to it several times, but I have no plans to go this year.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Another great masculine card. The yellow blended backgrounds are so pretty. The silhouettes pop off that background. Love that inside sentiment too.

Lynette said...

Such a great card for your brother-in-law - and I'm sure he'll appreciate the sentiment. I will not be going to the fair, either. Once every ten years or so is enough for me!