Wish List

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Sunburst technique on a masculine card...

I have an entire bag of strips of metallic colored papers. Most of them are about an inch wide, but some are wider, some are narrower. They have a layer of fibrous metallic threads embedded in them, giving them a unique metallic luster. They are all in masculine colors, so I thought I'd use some of them to make a masculine card. I cut a 6-inch length of each strip and then cut them diagonally from a top left corner to the bottom right corner, creating elongated triangular shapes.

I glued the bottom piece of striped DSP in place and made a small pencil mark at the center of its top. Then I started with my triangular pieces, placing the point of each at the pencil mark and gluing them tightly against each other.

When I reached the DSP on both the left and the right, I stopped and added a 1/4" piece across the card to hide the seam. Then I trimmed all the extra paper off the edges of the card base with a scissor.                                   

The sentiment was die-cut and glued to a die-cut circle. The circle was then glued to a die-cut starburst which had been cut from some copper glitter cardstock.

I added some very thin (1 ml) foam tape to the back of the starburst and added it to the center of the radiating strips.

I stamped a sentiment on the inside and added a narrow strip of the glitter cardstock.

This was such a fun technique. It can be made to look feminine or masculine and is a great way to use paper scraps. I also want to try it for a child's card. I have a "superboy" stamp and a fairy stamp, and I think they'd be perfect to stamp on the circle.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

1 comment:

designbydonna said...

This is so cool!. The metallic patterns make a great starburst. Love the funny sentiment too.