I had two adirondack chair stickers and some scraps of DSP that badly needed to be used.
Since I had decided to make masculine cards, and the woodgrain paper was laying on my desk, it was almost imperative that I use it. At first I thought about using it on the bottom half of this card, but that didn't seem to work well. Then I thought, "Why not use it as the background to the upper portion of the card?"
The green stripe paper was also a scrap in my "green" folder, and it was just the right size for the bottom half of my card front.
The two dots on the upper right were originally a lighter shade of green, so I colored them with an alcohol marker.
The sentiments for both cards were printed with my computer, cut out, and popped up with foam tape.
This card was made much the same way as the first one with a blue polka-dot scrap of DSP
I die-cut two clouds and popped them up with foam squares, and the grass was created for both cards with an old Fiskars border punch. I've had that punch for years and years and still use it whenever I need some grass!I printed the inside sentiments with my computer.
Since there were a couple narrow strips of the green stripe paper left over, I added them to the insides.
These are really simple, straightforward cards, but I think guys will appreciate them.
We had our AC turned off last week and really enjoyed opening the windows and letting the fresh air waft in. The heat and humidity returned yesterday, however, and we're back to mechanically cooling the house. I do appreciate the convenience, though, and often think back to my growing up years--living in an old, poorly insulated home with no AC, only gravity heating for the upstairs, no dishwasher (other than six kids!) and one bathroom (just a tub, no shower) for eight people. Kids today might wonder how we survived! lol
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
No comments:
Post a Comment