This card idea came to me one day when I was thinking about one of my granddaughters. She truly is like a lovely rainbow, and I wanted to somehow make a card to express that (even though I didn't give this card to her).
I happened to have a rainbow die-cut that had been left over after making the cards in this post. I needed to use it before all the parts and pieces of it got lost in the mess on my desk!
I started by using a cloud stencil to create a somewhat stormy sky with blue ink on a white panel. Then I printed a sentiment with my computer before using a cloud die to cut it out along with a couple more clouds.
I also cut out a few seagulls to add to the scene.
I adhered the rainbow and arranged the clouds beneath it, popping up the one with the sentiment on it.
Once done, this panel was added to a blue A2 card base.
I still had a small portion of another rainbow on my desk, so I added it on the inside to the white panel with my computer-generated sentiment.
I know a lot of cardmakers create really unique, one-of-a-kind cards with their own sentiments and design ideas. I don't do that nearly often enough, but it definitely feels like an accomplishment when I do!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
1 comment:
This is a fun and colorful card. Well done.
Post a Comment