The thrift store gave me some random car stickers--I think they are VW Beetles--so I decided to use them to make a couple of birthday cards for boys.
These cards were part of my continuing effort to use scraps. The blue plaid and the strip were both scrap pieces laying on my desk. I cut the "Happy Birthday" and the number 5 from some glossy cardstock and glued them to the card front. The little clouds were in the same sticker set as the cars.
I used a leftover piece of sky-patterned DSP for the background on this card and added a strip of self-stick, fabric-like paper at the bottom to resemble a paved road. Once again, "Happy Birthday" and "3" were die-cut, but this time from some polka-dotted DSP.
Each card had a stamped sentiment on the inside.
This card is for the "mature" birthday celebrant. My first step was to cover the card front with some of that self-stick, fabric-like paper that looks a bit like pavement or, perhaps, stone.
I cut a piece from one of my seaside scene papers. I believe it was 2 3/4" X 4". I matted it in black and centered it on the card front. I stamped "Happy Birthday." punched it out and popped it up on the bottom corner of my scene. I die-cut a seashell, added a few details with some ink, a blending brush and a beige marker. The seashell is also popped up with some foam tape.
To finish the scene, I die-cut some seagulls and glued them on.
I added a panel with a stamped sentiment and a strip of the self-stick paper on the inside.
1 comment:
Those car sticker are so cute and great for little boy cards. I'm with you on the ocean scenes, they are so peaceful. I look at them and take a deep breath and relax. Great set up for the adult card.
Post a Comment