Sometimes you find some wild DSP in your stash that you simply cannot figure out how to use. I had a scrap of said paper, and it had lain on my desktop for ages. I liked the jewel-tone colors in it, but the pattern was so big and bold, I couldn't imagine using it on a card. I like to embellish, but I figured any embellishments would get lost on this paper.
Finally, I came up with a couple of ideas, and here's how they played out:
See what I mean about that DSP? I decided the key to using it was not to cover the entire card front with it and to keep the embellishments to a minimum.
The fancy edging was created with a die and tucked under the DSP before it was glued down. The sentiment was stamped, punched out and added to a fancy circle die-cut before being popped up with foam squares.
A simple stamped sentiment was added to the inside.
I used only a strip of the DSP on this card, matted with some burgundy cardstock and then some ivory cardstock. I added a banner sentiment, glued directly to the DSP, and a few bronze-colored gems to finish it.
I added a strip of cardstock on the inside panel, along with a stamped sentiment.
I was pleased with the way these two cards turned out, so I decided to make a card with another scrap that was laying on my desk.
It was a narrow piece of Happy Birthday Scrabble tile DSP. It had lain there for weeks, and I just couldn't toss it in the trash.
I started laying out this card front by placing some zigzag sticker edging down each side ot the card front. Then I added the striped DSP and finally the matted piece of Scrabble DSP, which was popped up with foam tape.
The stamped banner was also popped up and the die-cut leaves were tucked behind it.
A white panel was stamped with a sentiment and adhered to the inside.
Since it was a masculine card, I decided to use a sentiment that a guy might find funny. Hopefully, it won't be taken literally!
I enjoyed coming up with ideas for these scraps. The process really got my creatuve juices flowing.
How do you deal with random scraps in your stash? Do you try to use them right away? Do you store them until you have a good supply to work with? Do you simply toss them out? I love getting ideas from others on how to handle them...because I have SO MANY!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments:
Post a Comment