Did you know that polar bears aren't actually white? They have black skin and translucent fur that only looks white because of the way the light reflects off of it. Amazing, right?
I found 15 other interesting facts about this beautiful animal on the Good Housekeeping website. Remember that magazine? We always had a current issue in our house when I was growing up. I should have read it more diligently so that I could have become a better housekeeper! LOL
I am fascinated by polar bears, and I couldn't resist buying a few dies so that I could add their image to some Christmas cards.
I made these two cards as a "try-out" session for using the dies. I loved how they turned out, so I'll be making lots more.
This card started with a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" piece of red cardstock and a 4" X 5 1/4" piece of Christmas tree DSP.
The center tri-panel piece was cut at 4" X 8 1/4", scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2" and folded like a Z-fold.
I cut scraps of DSP and mats for each section of the tri-fold, making each layer 1/4" smaller in length and width.
The bear and his scarf were die-cut from white cardstock. I colored the nose and scarf with markers and used a black pen to add definition to the eyes.
He was then popped up with foam squares.
The die-cut sentiment was in my stash and was also popped up.
This is how the Z-fold looks when it's opened.
The center panel features some trees that I fussy-cut from the background DSP.
The sentiment panel was stamped, matted and added to the final section.
More scraps + more die-cut polar bears = another Christmas card! This time I also matted the piece of DSP on the base.
The sentiment (from my stash) had been stamped and die-cut. I just had to pop it up. The bear was glued directly to the DSP.
This time I added another bear to the center section. He looks so cute in his ice skates.
These cards are such a great way to use smaller pieces of coordinating Christmas DSP. I have already picked out the pieces I'll use for two more cards. I just have to find the time to get them put together!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
2 comments:
I love your fascination with polar bears. :-) And I love the cards you made, too. Great dies.
Love those cute polar bears. That is a fun opening. I did one of those in a class last month. I am going to do more too. I have polar bear stamps but no dies. Die cuts would be faster and easier than fussy cutting. What is the source of the dies?
Post a Comment