Wish List

Friday, August 7, 2026

Cards with lots of sparkle...

I had a sheet of very sparkly, dimensional flower stickers, given to me by the thrift store. I decided to use as many of them as I could on a couple of birthday cards.

I really liked the colors in the stickers so I went with the lilac and aqua for the card base. I also added a 1/8" strip of double-sided tape down each side of the lilace paper on this card and rubbed some clear glitter into it. I figured a little more sparkle wouldn't hurt!


The sentiment was die-cut from the same cardstock as the card base and glued to the card front.

You can really see the dimension of the stickers in the photo at left. Each flower had a gem at its center, too.








Because this flower was so large, I decided it could stand alone as a focal point. I used up some scraps of aqua and lavendar paper to frame it, along with a short length of die-cut lace edging.

Again, the sentiment was die-cut and glued to the card front.



See all that dimension? I hope, if these are mailed, that the sender realizes they will need extra postage because of it.









I stamped a sentiment on the inside of each card and added another flower. I removed most of the dimension (another layer and some double-sided foam squares) from these inside stickers, so that the cards would close nicely.

It's fun to use the supplies given to me. I don't feel it stifles creativity at all, and may even heighten it. Stickers like these set the color palette and suggest a general approach (lots of sparkle!), but the rest has to be figured out.

Do you like using pre-made items like this, or would you rather start everything from scratch?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are great displays of the free stickers. All the sparkle make the cards special. I like that idea of double stick tape and fill it with glitter. I have several jars of glitter but not sure how to use them--usually it is make a mess with them.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These are so pretty and your dimensional stickers are quite striking
The glittered edges are a great idea and addition as well and you always add a lovely sentiment to the inside too - Michelle x