Wish List

Monday, May 15, 2017

The sweetest little teddy bear...

I made this card a short time ago for my stash. No baby to welcome to the family . . . yet. I don't think any of my children will have more babies, and it's still too early for grandchildren to be starting families. I do have hope for more babies from my nieces and nephews, though.

Isn't this teddy bear so cute. The photo doesn't even truly capture its cuteness. It is made with an unbranded die, as is the little scalloped trim at the top and bottom of my card.

After cutting out my teddy, I embossed it and then inked it through the die.

I happened to have this DSP sitting on my desk, so I decided to use it and let one of the circles dictate where my little bear should sit.

The stamped sentiment is from My Craft Spot, and the heart is a Recollections punch to which I added some Glossy Accents.


On the inside of my card, I added a couple more scalloped borders, another stamped sentiment from the same stamp set and an additional punched heart.


I did pop my little bear up on a single layer of double-sided foam tape. I think you can just barely see that in this photo.

My company has left after 10 busy days with us. I was so tired when they finally drove off at 10 a.m. this morning, that I laid right down and took a one-hour nap! And now it's not even yet 10 p.m., and I'm tired again!

We are busy getting our RV ready for the first outing of the year over Memorial Day weekend. We will be traveling to North Dakota where we will visit family, attend a high school graduation, and also stop to honor the graves of my mother and father.

I actually did get my flower boxes planted over Mother's Day weekend, even though we still had company then. And my little seedlings were blessed with a nice shower this morning. Love when it happens in that order!

We've had some glorious, sunny days here in Minnesota, and I hope you have, too, in your neck of the woods.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Just adorable Cheryl! Love how you placed that sweet teddy in one of the circles on the paper! The recipient - whoever they may be - will adore it I'm sure! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

designbydonna said...

This is a sweet baby girl card. That is cute how you used the circles designs for you bear and sentiment. The scallops frame everything so nicely.

Shanna said...

I'm definitely NOT having anymore babies! ha! Thanks for the "Wish List" tab at the top!

Glittered Paws said...

Adorable baby card - and nice to have in your stash. The Teddy is so sweet. Great grand babies are as sweet as grand babies.
surgery so it may be a few more weeks before the camper gets used. Have a safe trip.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww such a sweet little bear, and your DP is just perfect.
Safe travels for your journey x