Wish List

Friday, May 19, 2017

A Golden Wedding Anniversary card...

Today's card is another one that was intended just for my stash, although my sister said if I hung onto it for a few years, I could give it to her. LOL

I had just a smidgen  left over of a Zen doodle design that I had found online. I ran it through my laminator with some gold foil to give it a touch of elegance.

Add caption

It's nearly impossible for me to photograph the gold foiling so that you can clearly see it on the design, but it's there and it's so pretty!

The gold glitter washi tape added even more sparkle to my card.

I cut some leaves using a Memory Box die and sandwiched them between my fancy Spellbinders oval and a pierced label die (unbranded).







My sentiment was heat-embossed with gold embossing powder with a tiny piece of my die-cut adhered below it.











On the inside of my card, I used another gold CS mat. I also foiled my sentiment, although you wouldn't know it by looking at this photo.










This isn't a good photo, but at least you can see that the sentiment is actually foiled!












As it turns out, one of our guests from Germany was going to be helping his parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this fall. I asked him if he'd like to give them this card, even though they don't speak English. He said he'd LOVE to, and that he'd interpret it for them. So, it will now be given to someone in Germany whom I've never met, and I couldn't be happier. It's always fun to have my cards used and appreciated.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

This Is so beautiful. All that gold foil and glitter really make it stand out. How neat that your card will be going to Germany. I am of that age that I am needing 50th anniversary cards too. Lots of our friends and family are hitting that mark.

craftieodmae said...

Very pretty!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is stunning Cheryl! Funny, I only put ink on this very stamp today for the first time! that is such a classy look with the white and gold! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is gorgeous Cheryl, and how fun to have some German people receive it. Never thought of this but 50 years for many of my classmates this year. I really love the Zen doodle design that you jazzed up ..turned up the furnace, raining again here. Have a fun day

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - and another one for your stash. I have not tried the gold foiling yet although I have the "stuff" to try. Love your Zen Doodle design.

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh this is beautiful Cheryl, that golden shimmer is fabulous! And how fun that it's going to Germany, I'm sure they'll love it!

Patti J said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cheryl! And what fun that it's going to someone in Germany!!! Thanks for sharing!

Patti J said...

P.S. How did you foil that dainty sentiment???????