Wish List

Friday, May 5, 2017

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #125: Make your own background...


Let's Craft and Create

I can hardly believe we are nearing the end of the first week in May already. And that means it's time for a fun new challenge over at Let's Craft and Create. This month the design team has done a fabulous job of creating all kinds of backgrounds for their cards and other projects. You really need to hop over there and take a look.

For my part, I have created two cards; I simply couldn't decide on just one handcrafted background!

For this card, I first used some Post-It tape along the fold line of my card so that I could lay it flat while I inked and not get any of that ink on the backside of my card. I rotated a strip of cardstock around the center of my card front and applied some Mustard Seed Distress Ink with a finger dauber to make the sunny rays. My image is a digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps, which I've colored with ProMarkers and adhered with foam tape.

What I love about making this kind of background is it is very quick, but still looks impressive.


I've added a tiny tag (Sixxiz stamp and die) and a little red bow to the stem of my flower.











Did you notice that little wooden ladybug in the corner of my image panel? My sister and I bought some of these a few years ago, and I've been looking for an excuse to use at least one of them. Isn't it cute? They're self-adhesive, too, which is nice.

I left this card plain on the inside so that their is plenty of room to write a personal thank you note.

For my second card, I wanted to use a collection of bug stamps that I got at the thrift store where I volunteer. When I got these stamps, I thought they would be fun for my grandson to use when he comes over and wants to "get crafty with Grandma." But they also work well for grown-up cards like this one.

Once again, I taped off the back of my card, and then began to stamp five or six different bugs randomly on the front of my card. My cross-stitch banner is an unbranded die. I created the sentiment on the computer using a Harry Potter font.

On the inside of my card, I decided to stamp an entire line of ants, something we all contend with at one time or another.

My stamped sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly.

This challenge was so much fun that I actually created a third card with a foiled background, but I'll share that one with you in another post.

I really hope you'll head over to Let's Craft and Create and look at all the other wonderful projects. Then join in the fun and add a link to your creation. Just remember, it needs to feature your very own uniquely created background.




Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your sunshine background just pops on that card. It is so bright and cheery, I love the bugs and sentiment on the 2nd card. I love the idea of being able to make my own backgrounds but I always have trouble with spacing.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

No wonder you couldn't decide which to use Cheryl! They are both fantastic! The first is bright and cheery and the second, fun and whimsical and sure to bring a smile to the recipients face . . . both, cards to cheer! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lynne in NI said...

Wowweee your sunshine burst looks amazing Cheryl! I have some of those little wooden lady bugs in my stash somewhere too - we had a real one in the garden last week, I hadn't seen any for years!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Cheryl! Both of your cards are amazing! Love the sunshine background on the first and the beautifully colored flower! Love the lady bugs! The second is so fun! Makes me think of my microbiology class in nursing school!

Glittered Paws said...

OH WOWZERS - I thought you had used a stencil on your sun rays. I think I have to try this for sue. Love the image and I too have some of those darling wooden lady bugs. The second card is fun fun.