Wish List

Thursday, May 25, 2017

A birthday card for a boy (or anyone who loves baseball)...

This card was very quick and easy. I first used my largest circle die as a guide to draw an arc on my front mat. Then I had an arrow die (unbranded) that actually cut out my little chevron pieces for the red stitching.

My short blue banner, along with the "Happy Birthday," were also cut with unbranded dies. For a final touch I added some blue dots. They're actually not enamel dots. They're the little circles that are left when you use two different single hole punches. I simply glued them onto my card and added some Glossy Accents on top of them for a raised, dimensional look. They look just like enamel dots, don't they? And they match my blue mat exactly, because that's the CS I punched to create them.


My inside sentiment was computer-generated. I just happened to have a vinyl baseball sticker in my stash, so I added it to the inside, along with a couple of pierced arcs to represent its path of travel.

This card is going to be added to my daughter's stash of birthday cards. She has blessed us with three grands, and she likes to have cards on hand for them to give to their friends whenever they're invited to a birthday party.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great themed card. You could even do it in the colors of the person's favorite team. I might have to give this a try for my Send A Smile 4 Kids.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the baseball - and brilliant work with the "enamel" dies - how smart. I think this too would be a great card for Send a Smile 4 Kids.

Darnell said...

Seriously adorable, Cheryl! I was loving this in my reader just seeing the front! Now seeing the inside, I'm loving it even more!! Hugs, Darnell

Sue said...

Hi Cheryl, love your card, with baseball in full swing for the summer, wonderful card for Children who play!

Hugs
Sue

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, I love this Cheryl! Very inventive way to represent baseball and great idea for your enamel dots too :)