Wish List

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Four step pop-out card...

I recently made this card and envelope for my son-in-law. I started out by creating the "It's PARTY Time!" panel on my Silhouette. I even printed the words It's and Time with a Silhouette sketch pen.

For the inside of my card I used Silhouette Design ID #58161 which features the four-step pop-out. I also cut HB2U (not sure which font I used) for the steps.

I'm still learning how to design images with my Silhouette, so I tried my hand at making an arrow. After it was cut, I HAD to use it on a card, right? So I decided to use it to point to the "U" for emphasis.



My balloons were made with a punch, and I hand-drew the strings. My little bow was made with an unbranded die.

















I added this fun Stampendous birthday sentiment on the right hand side.










This is a look at the card from the top. The strange thing about this particular Silhouette cutting file, is they expect you to use the stair-step pop-out by itself as a card. That seems a bit weird to me, so I made a card base and attached the pop-out to the inside. I think it seems much more finished this way. My card base did end up being 5" X 6" to accommodate the pop-out, but that's ok.

Over the Memorial Weekend, we had a great trip to North Dakota in our little RV. She performed admirably and was more than comfortable for us. We're really looking forward to a longer trip later this summer.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a fun card. That pop out part is great. You can make such complex designs with that Silhouette.

Glittered Paws said...

I want to make one. Love step cards with the steps on the inside. And all with your Silhouette.