Wish List

Friday, May 12, 2017

Sympathy card for my stash...

I made this sympathy card for my stash since I was down to only one card in that category. I really don't like making these cards under pressure to get them done quickly, so I always try to keep at least two on hand.

This card uses some branded dies, unbranded dies and some upcycled CS.  The soft gray patterned CS is actually the inside of one of those cards we all get in the mail from charitable organizations when they're soliciting donations. I save the ones that have any sort of usable areas.

The lattice opening was made with an unbranded die. I love the look of it.


My butterfly is a two-piece unbranded die. The bottom solid shadow piece was cut out of vellum, and the lovely butterfly itself was cut from silver CS. The shadow was also originally behind the antennae, too, but I cut that part off. I wanted only the wings shadowed.

I added the strip of tiny pearls to give a little dimension to the body.








My stitched oval is a My Creative Time die and my Stampendous sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with silver EP.









I added a stitched panel (unbranded die) on the inside of my card and, once again, heat-embossed my sentiment (Technique Tuesday).

I love heat-embossed sentiments on the inside of my cards. They just add a tiny bit of class, I think.

It is late on Friday night as I type this. I am looking forward to buying some flats of flowers tomorrow and getting them all planted in my window boxes and flower beds. It never feels like summer has really started until I get my flowers planted.

To all you moms, aunts, grandmas and women who play an important role in any child's life, I want to say, "Happy Mother's Day!"

I have informed my DH that I will NOT be cooking on Sunday. I think for one day, my family members can treat me, for a change. Should be interesting!!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautiful and understated Cheryl, just perfect for a sympathy card with a bit of class! have a wonderful weekend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

designbydonna said...

Beautiful sympathy card. This is really elegant. I love the lattice work and the vellum behind the butterfly/

Glittered Paws said...

Stunning - what a comfort it would be to get this card - so soft and the colors are perfect.