Wish List

Monday, May 22, 2017

Pretty butterflies...

I was messing around with my Brushos dye crystals the other day, but didn't like the colored panel I ended up with. However, when I decided to cut some butterflies out of this panel, I LOVED them!

My pretty butterflies and the word "hello" were cut with unbranded dies. If you look closely, you'll see that I cut a second "hello" in blue to give a hint of a shadow.

My lacy edge was cut with a Marianne Designs die called border stitch lace.


Here you can see the fabulous dimension my butterflies have.

I gave them each a body of rhinestones. I didn't have any yellow rhinestones, so I just colored some clear ones with an alcohol marker. It works perfectly!

I left the inside of my card blank except for the strip of pink CS that provides a background for my lacy edge.

This is such a simple card, but I think the butterflies make it really special. You can be sure I will be getting those Brushos out again to make more color combos for butterflies.

We are busy getting our RV loaded and ready to take off for North Dakota on Thursday. It will be the inaugural run for this particular RV, and we're very excited to get it on the road. Hopefully, later this summer, I'll have some time (and a bright, sunny day) to take some photos of the inside and share them with you. It's very small and compact, but it has everything we need.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous. I love the color combo. And isn't it great when something beautiful comes from something else you did not like? Great minds do think alike. Enjoy your trip.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Darnell said...

You took the words right out of my mouth, Cheryl! These are, indeed, such pretty butterflies! I love the beautiful edge, too! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how smart - I usually throw the stuff I don't like away!!! The butterflies made this card just beautiful. Have fun on your trip. Do you take much crafting stuff with you when you travel??

Sue said...

What a great idea to use what you didn't like for the beautiful butterflies.
I have struggled with the Brushos too and many an experiment went in the trash! Lovely card.

Hugs
Sue

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful brusho butterflies! I'm going to give this a go! Have fun on your trip, Greg would love to get an RV ... But not on my wages lol xx