Wish List

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Well, Merry Christmas to me!!!

This morning my doorbell rang as I was downstairs in my craft area finishing up a card. I thought to myself, who could be ringing my doorbell at this time of day? When I went to answer it, this is what I found on my front step:

I thought it might be a package from one of my kids, but when I looked a little closer at the address label, I could see it was not from them.
Yup, that's right. It was from Silhouette!!

On November 30, I found out that I had been selected to win a Silhouette Cameo on Linda Kaiser's blog, the Paper Boutique. I was over-the-moon excited to win such a fantastic giveaway. THANK YOU, LINDA AND SILHOUETTE!




Linda said it would take about three weeks to arrive, so I was not expecting it to arrive today.

I was excited to open the box.

I took out all the components that came with the machine. I have yet to download the software or plug it in. All in due time... First, I want to study the manual, watch some YouTube videos and maybe do a little research on line for advice for Cameo beginners. I wish there was a book called Silhouette Cameo for Dummies! That's me! A Silhouette Dummy!

If you own and/or know anything about successfully using a Silhouette Cameo, please leave me a comment with your best advice. I'm a little apprehensive, but also anxious to get started.

Once again, I just want to say a BIG, HUGE THANK YOU to LINDA AND SILHOUETTE! This is already a fantastic Christmas for me.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day. I know I've got a big grin on my face as I write this post.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Yahoooo! Congrats Cheryl! Can't wait to see what you create! So happy for you!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

No wonder you are grinning Cheryl . . . BIG congratulations to you! What a fabulous, unexpected Christmas gift! Have fun! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

designbydonna said...

Congratulations on your win. Looking forward to seeing some beautiful creations from it.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a nice surprise, can't wait to see what you create with your "gift". Congrats.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh you lucky duck! What a fab early Christmas pressie for you ... enjoy!

Sue said...

Cheryl, congrats, what a wonderful early Christmas gift. Lucky girl. I am sure you will figure it all out. After the holidays when things calm down and you have time to play. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hugs
Sue