Wish List

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Oh, "deer," it's nearly Christmas...


This card was inspired by one that I received last year from a fabulous lady in Germany who makes amazing cards. In fact, I shared her card on my blog in this 2014 post.

I cut an aperture in my DSP with a reverse scallop circle die (Spellbinders) and then a small aperture in the white mat underneath.

I used some 2" wide glitter tape by Heidi Swapp to create my background scene. I cut it out with a Tree Line die by Marianne Creatables. You can see that I've got a couple of layers that have been inked around the edges with some teal-colored ink. The cardstock that was used for the "sky" behind my trees is actually a very, very pale teal color, even though it looks white in the photo.

My pretty deer was cut with an Impression Obsession die.

I cut a second aperture in my card for my sentiment. I decided to add some clear flat-backed gems on either side of it for a little more sparkle.


Finally, the inside of my card was adorned with a few snowflakes punched from the same DSP that is on the front. I think I went a little overboard with the snowflakes. Looks like there's a blizzard happening there!! They were all firmly stuck down, though, so no changing it after the fact.

I can finally say I have "some" of my Christmas cookies made. I won't get any done today, but Monday and Tuesday I'll be chained to my kitchen to finish them up.

This afternoon we are going to a play with friends and then to their house for dinner. I'm really looking forward to it! I love live theater productions and spending time with good friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, another beautiful sparkly card. I love the peaceful little winter scene.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl! That deer is so pretty! Love the shimmery trees!

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love your focal point. Got your hint on how not to have a defined edge on my narrow embossing folders, on my list to try - hopefully tomorrow.

Patti J said...

What a fun card! And you're right...oh deer, it's almost Christmas!!!