Wish List

Friday, December 18, 2015

Snowflake Christmas card...

Here's a card I made with a large Darice snowflake die. It's nice to have a few dies this size, because they can really serve as the focal point of a card and not much else is needed.
 
I cut my snowflake from navy blue cardstock and then "sugared" it with a thin coating of clear glitter. Finally, I adhered a clear flat-backed gem to the center.
 
The sentiment on the front of my card was stamped with navy blue ink and then some sparkle was added to the little center star with a glitter pen.
 
The inside of my card was fairly unadorned, but I did add some glitter pen sparkle to the words "Peace" and "Joy." It just doesn't show up in my photo.
 
I'm entering this card in Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #217. Here is the fabulous sketch they provided for inspiration:
 
I finally got my wrapping and card-making messes cleaned up today. It took SO LONG - nearly all afternoon! I still have one little pile of paper scraps to sort out and put away, but it looks so much better. I can finally walk through my craft area without taking my life in my hands. I even found one of the two bone folders I had lost somewhere in all my craft stuff. My favorite one is still missing. I simply have no idea what I did with it or where I may have dropped it! Maybe after the holidays I can methodically go through ALL my stuff and, hopefully, find it.
 
It's bake, bake, bake now until the big day comes. That also means lots of taste tests. ha ha
 
Have a great weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

8 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card Cheryl. Love the Navy and White, and snowflakes are always so pretty they are a great stand along center piece.

Hugs
Sue

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty and the large snowflake sure makes a very nice focal point. Now if you could come to my craft room and find my C plate for my Cuttlebug (I know right - who looses a large heavy thing like that), and a large punch I lost (and still haven't found) several years ago. LOL Doesn't it feel good to have your craft area cleaned up?

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous snowflake. I love it in navy and all the sparkle. Really does convey a "peace on earth" sentiment.

Darnell said...

I need to get me a die like this! What a beautiful QACAS card that has a TON of impact! And I think the way you did the inside is perfect after the bold outside. I can even see the shine from the glitter pen! Give me a call if you need me to serve as a tester, Cheryl. I'm REALLY good at it!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Linda Callahan said...

Love that big bold snowflake! Beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful and elegant Cheryl! Happy Holidays!

Karren said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card! Love that big snowflake. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

Beautiful glittery snowflake! LOVE it in navy blue! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.