Wish List

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A simple, masculine birthday card...

Whenever I need to make a masculine birthday card, I think "simple design" and "graphic."

So this is my take on a simply designed, graphic card.

To start, I pulled out my Die-Versions birthday banner die and some white cardstock. I also used my Elizabeth Craft "Happy Birthday" word die for the word "Happy." I found a paper pad that had some rather masculine looking designs in it. Not sure who the manufacturer is, and since it's nearly 11:30 p.m. as I write this, I'm too tired to go search for it!

Here you can see how I curled up the tails of my banners to add a little dimension. I added a few glittery stars (there are even two stars holding up the ends of my banner) because even guys need a little sparkle in their lives.

I also added a few stars on the inside to dress it up a little.

Well, that's my simple card for today. It's been a little hard to get back into "normal" card-making after all the Christmas cards and tags I made. Hopefully, my next cards will have a little more pizzaz.

We got about 4.5" of snow last night, so there was a bit of shoveling to be done today. It wasn't terribly cold out, so it was pleasant enough to be out in the fresh air. I don't mind shoveling if it's under 6".

Today I started a big kettle of turkey noodle soup, which I will finish up tomorrow. I'm using the leftover turkey from Christmas. My family loves homemade soup, and I love making it, so it's a win-win!

Stay warm wherever you are, and don't forget to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun masculine birthday card Cheryl! Love the birthday banner and your choice of patterned papers! Happy New Year!

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice manly card - and love the way you curled up the points of your banner. Love that die a lot. We don't shovel snow - our driveway is way to long but my hubs has a tractor with a blade so he usually blades most of our subdivision driveways (we only have about 12 homes.) If our rain had been snow we would have had about 10 inches. Enjoy your soup.

designbydonna said...

Very nice masculine card. I may just use that as inspiration as I have several male birthdays coming up and have no cards in my stash. It is hard to get back to regular cards after the holidays. I've been blog hopping this morning to look for inspiration. We've had about 6 inches of rain. So glad that wasn't snow.

Lynne in NI said...

What a great masculine card, your birthday banner looks fab!
Your soup sounds delish, a nice pot of home made soup is hard to beat :)