Wish List

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Peachy pumpkin faces...

I really wanted to use my Peachy Keen face stamps on a Halloween card, and this is what I came up with:

I cut the pumpkins from the Create A Critter cartridge, eliminating any cut lines on the faces with my Gypsy. Once that was done, I stamped each pumpkin with a different Peachy Keen face from the Everyday Character assortment. Aren't they so cute? I can see in the photo that I should have given them some "cheeks" with a little chalk. I can still do that since this card hasn't been sent yet.

The spider, as well as the "boo" and "eeeek," are stickers. The strip of kraft cardstock across the center was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. I inked the spiders lightly with some distress ink to make them stand out a bit.


I colored the stems with a brown ProMarker and then used a white gel pen to add the whites of the eyes and to draw in the stitch lines.

Each pumpkin is popped up with a little double-sided foam tape.











The inside of my card is pretty simple. I just added a spider hanging from its web and a Halloween greeting. Can you see that I've added a little sparkle to the spider with my glitter pen?

The stamps I used on the inside are from different sets that I've had for a long, long time. Not even sure who the manufacturers are anymore.

Just for fun, I'm entering this card in The Stamping Boutique's Halloween challenge.

I'm so glad to be nearly done with my Halloween cards. Now I've got to get them in the mail!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

9 comments:

designbydonna said...

Those pumpkins are so cute. I love their adorable faces.

debby4000 said...

Love the cute faces on the pumpkins, fabulous Halloween card.
luv
Debby

Mona Pendleton said...

Pure cuteness Cheryl! Love those happy jack o lanterns!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MWLW, good luck!!! Amy DT

Lynne in NI said...

Hahahaha love the expressions on your pumpkins and great touch with the scary spider :)

Glittered Paws said...

Cute as can be - love the pumpkin faces and a bit of a pink cheek would add character. Love the spider embossing folder.

Taunya Butler said...

Cheryl - I am DELIGHTED with your cute pumpkins with those adorable, fun faces on them - what a wonderful and terrific card!!! So BOOtiful and perfect for Halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

I have loved all the Halloween cards that you have posted and especially loved the one that you sent to us. That cut out cat and the eyes were just so cute. I know that I haven't commented for a long time but I have been following and so far loved all the cards! Good job pj

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper