Wish List

Monday, October 26, 2015

Halloween is nearly upon us, and I've been busy...

Here are a couple more cards I've (rather frantically) created in my craft area. These are both interactive cards. I love this kind of card for the grandkids. They need a little action!

This first card is a spinner card. It's a little hard to see in this photo, but the moon with the bat is suspended on a string inside the circle aperture.



Here's a little better peek from the inside of the card.  I'll be spinning the moon around and holding it in place when I put it in the envelope. That way, when the card is first opened, it will spin.

The line of green goo on the front of the card is a Martha Stewart punch and the ghosts, bats and "spooky" sentiment are stickers.

I heat embossed the "boo" on the inside and added another ghost. This was a quick, but fun, card to make.









I used more of those glittery bat stickers on this card. It looks very plain on the front, but when you open it up...

...it's a pop-up surprise! I used the Sizzix pop-up die set to create the insert and the little posts to hold my boo banner.

The little monsters were created from the Create a Critter 2 cartridge. Aren't they funny?

The bats are more of those cool stickers, and the pumpkins are also dimensional stickers.

It was a bit fiddly to put this all together, but this was my first time using the pop-up die. I'm hoping that once I use it more, I'll get better and quicker!!















Here's a side view so you can see a little better how the pop-up insert works.

I'll share some more of my Halloween cards with you tomorrow. I really like making them because they're mostly for kids. I don't feel they have to be "perfect." Not that ANY of my cards ever are, but I feel a bit more relaxed making these.

Which kinds of cards are your favorites to make?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

WOWZERS - these are STUPENDOUSLY AWESOME cards!!! Love the movement on the first one and how the Boo fits so perfectly behind the circle!! And the pop up card - that is just wonderfully cool and clever - you really did a SUPER job!! Happy Halloween week to you!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh wow Cheryl! Love your cards inside and out! The Halloween scenes look spooktacular!

designbydonna said...

What fun cards. Your grandkids will love them. Can you do a little explanation of how to do that spinner card?

Glittered Paws said...

WOW you have been BUSY - awesome Halloween cards - very creative.