Wish List

Friday, October 30, 2015

A couple final Halloween cards...

There hasn't been time to feature all my Halloween cards here on the blog (and I'm pretty sure you're all getting a little tired of them), so here are the last two I'll share with you for now...

For this card I used several strips of Halloween-themed DSP. It seemed like a good way to use up some of my scraps. The spider web is half of a doily from a package of orange, black and gold spider web doilies that I picked up during the Halloween sales. The sentiment stamp is from a really old set - the packaging is long gone. I heat-embossed it, cut it out and adhered it to a black circle die-cut.


I stamped a spider web on the inside where I also printed a sentiment with my computer.

















For this card, I once again used my Perfect Pearls for the cauldron image. Then I cut it out with a circle die and backed it with a sunburst die-cut from some glitter paper. I added some dimension to the bubbles in the cauldron with a pearly Viva Décor pen.  The web is 1/4 of one of those spider web doilies, and the little spider on the ribbon was cut using the Happy Hauntings cartridge.

Another 1/4 web doily on the inside, a stamped spider and a computer-generated sentiment finished off this card.

Tomorrow I will carve my pumpkins to set out on our front steps for the trick-or-treaters. I always carve them on Halloween day. Then I line them with foil to protect the inside and keep it fresh. The foil also reflects the light of the candle, so they look a little brighter in the dark. As soon as the kids quit coming, I bring the pumpkins in and bake them. After mashing the cooked pumpkin, I freeze it in 2-cup bags - just enough for a pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread or muffins. I'm going to get a lot of frozen pumpkin this year because my pumpkins are really big!

Hope you all have a great Halloween with lots of cute trick-or-treaters at your door.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Both cards are awesome Cheryl! Great mix of fun papers! Love the bubbles bubbling out of the cauldron! Hope you have a Happy Halloween!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh these are fab, I love all your halloween embellies!
We're not really into sending Halloween cards here ... unfortunately as I love to make them!

designbydonna said...

More cuties for Halloween. Love the spider webs and the color burst. Lots of spiders here--Do you see spiders in your dreams?

Patti J said...

Two more cute cards, my friend! Love the second one with the touches of green 😊 your baked pumpkin sounds delightful! We live out in the middle of nowhere, and have not had trick or treaters since our grown kids were still home. Still seems sad to not have the doorbell ring on Halloween... Have fun tonight!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the last card with the glitter dp and the black/white . What a great job on both cards.