Wish List

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Ghostly greetings...

This card was so much fun to make! I saw a card on Pinterest with three little apertures and some characters peeking out through them. It wasn't a Halloween card, but I thought it would work perfectly with some little 3D ghost stickers I had in my stash.

I layered the purple DSP onto some dark gray cardstock. I embossed the left side of the CS with a  "Happy Hauntings" border embossing folder and highlighted it with some white pigment ink and a little sparkle from a glitter pen.

My apertures were cut with a small circle die. I also made a little frame for each opening with that circle die and a My Creative Time sunburst die. The dark gray cardstock (with the purple DSP) was adhered to my black card base with double-sided foam tape to pop it up a bit.

I added some spooking looking gray DSP behind the apertures to add a little background for my ghosts.  To curve the bottom of my ghosts properly, I held my circle die on each ghost and cut away the foam so that it would fit snugly against the inside curve of the opening.

On the inside of my card I used the same DSP that is behind each aperture. Isn't it reminiscent of a stormy night sky with lightning streaks? Believe it or not, I found this cool paper (12 X 12) at a thrift shop! I only wish they would have had more than one sheet.

I used some sparkly white stickers for my sentiment and added one more ghost for good measure. This card was so fun that I made a couple more.

I spent this afternoon making more Halloween cards. I simply must get them done this weekend and get them in the mail. I've already sent 10 of them but I've got at least a half dozen more people on my mailing list. I've got about 5 that I will hand-deliver, too. I guess that makes 20+ cards. Whew!

I also managed to get outside this afternoon and pick all my green tomatoes (it will probably freeze this weekend). I hope they ripen. If not, I may have to try making some fried green tomatoes. :)

I hope you are having a splendid weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Heee what a fab fun card Cheryl, the face on the ghost at the bottom is hilarious! Love how you highlighted your embossed border :)

designbydonna said...

Cute idea with the ghosts. I am going to have to scout my thrift stores. Never thought about there being craft supplies there.

Glittered Paws said...

Too cute - love the little ghosties peeping through the circles. Don't you love it when you find "bargains" in the most unlikely of places. Doesn't take much to keep us crafters happy.

Taunya Butler said...

This is absolutely designed marvelously and looks super SPOOKTACULAR!!! Love the movement the card has and just how fun it is - and I always love seeing taller, skinnier cards!! Anyways - super awesome!!! Thanks for your friendship!!