Wish List

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

More Halloween cards to share...

Here are a couple more Halloween cards with still more to come!

You've probably seen a lot of these cards around, but I still just had to try one. I ripped some strips of text-weight paper and inked the edges. Then after adhering a small piece of black CS to my kraft card base, I began layering the paper strips onto the front of my card. When that was done, I added the scary eyes and a spider and stamped "Boo!"



The inside of my card has a computer-generated sentiment.

My spider has a lot of dimension (it creates a hard bump in the envelope), so this card needed some extra postage, but you could easily add a flatter spider and it would work just as well.





 





My second card today is a side-step card. I love these cards! They're fun to make and easy to decorate (now that I have the Sizzix die set). For this one, I cut a scary tree and some tombstones using the Happy Hauntings cartridge. The black tree was backed with a solid cut-out in dark gray so that you can just make out the scary face on the trunk of the tree. I used a white ink pad on the moon (which was originally dark gray) to give it an eerie appearance. I cut the grass twice so that I could also add it to my tombstones. The pumpkins are dimensional stickers.

Did you notice that I ran a black marker along the edge of my DSP to give it an "outlined" look? I thought that worked really well on this card, especially given that the DSP was so close in color to the cardstock.


Please excuse this wonky photo, but I was trying to hold the card open and take a photo at the same time.

A couple of fun stamps on the inside and this card was done!

I'll be back tomorrow with still more Halloween cards. Hope you're not getting too bored yet.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love that mummy card. I did see on similar at the beauty shop yesterday. Those eye are cute. Your side step card is fun. I tried the spinner card and added it to my blog. You really make a lot of Halloween cards.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Cheryl, I had sometime to spend today catching up on blogs and I went back several posts to check out all the fun you've been having. You have made some great Halloween cards. Lots of variety. I got my 6 mailed off today and after I sealed them up realized I hadn't taken any photos. I truthfully now just realized I can't even find my camera in our chaos. Carpet man is to come Thurs/Fri hoping he makes it.
Such terrible wind, dreariness and gloom. Our temps right now are only 36. A good day to be inside and make some soup and play catch up. Have a great week.

Glittered Paws said...

Well no I have not seen anything like the mummy card but LOVE it. The glitter spider is perfect. I too love side step cards - just don't made them very often, very nice cards.

Taunya Butler said...

AWESOME - INCREDIBLE - AND ASTOUNDINGLY COOL!!! Both of these cards are SPOOKTACULAR and perfect for Halloween - I pronounce you the queen of Halloween Card-making!!! Have a super happy day!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, these are great Cheryl ... you've been busy! LOVE those scary eyes!