The thrift store where I volunteer gave me a small collection of very large gold metallic letter stickers. They did not include a full alphabet, but there were a few multiples of certain letters. I went through them and came up with three words and three card ideas.
I didn't measure the letters but I think they were about 2" high, and some of them (like the Os) were more than an inch wide.
I started with a mini-slimline cardbase. I'm not sure what size it was - I just made sure the word "cool" would fit nicely across it. I liked the contrast of the gold against the blue and I thought the stars were a perfect pattern for this card's DSP.
Since the letters were stickers, it was pretty easy to apply them to the card front.
The short sentiment was stamped, cut out and popped up with foam tape.
I stamped some blue stars on the inside, along with a couple of sentiments.
This is an A2 cardbase, so you can see how these three letters almost fill up the 5 1/2" width of the card.
I used a stencil, some black ink and a blending brush to create the web pattern on white cardstock, which was then adhered to a black cardbase. Finally, I added some die-cut spiders. Quick and easy!
I stamped a sentiment on the inside and added another die-cut spider.
This card actually looked better IRL than in this photo. I cut the red cardstock to the size I wanted, applied the sticker letters and then added texture with an embossing folder.
The embossed panel was added to a mini-slimline cardbase and embellished with a die-cut mortarboard. I also added a stamped "congratulations," which was popped up with a foam strip.
I stamped a sentiment and a diploma on the inside to finish the card.
It was kind of fun to go through these letters and figure out some words I could use--kind of like playing scrabble. Because the letters are so large, they're definitely attention-getters and make good focal points for cards. If you have a cutting machine, like a Cricut or Silhouette, you could cut large letters like this for cards. Other words that would work as focal points could include "happy," "baby," "Mom," "Dad," "Sis," "Bro," "Nana," "HB2U," etc.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
3 comments:
So clever, Cheryl! Three great cards and what a fun way to use the letters.
WOW, You are way COOL with these big number card. Great use of someone else's castoffs. I like the lookof a texture E/F over the numbers.
Very clever and you've made a fantastic selection of cards for a variety of occasions, especially with Halloween coming up. I really like the textured letters on your final card too, it's so effective Michelle x
Post a Comment