In a container of odds and ends, given to me by the thrift store, was a die-cut, yellow "thank you" that had been run through a Xyron machine to turn it into a sticker. Whoever created it left it sandwiched between the adhesive material and the clear cover strip. I decided I needed to use it as soon as possible before I lost it in my card-making mess.
I added a piece of DSP in shades of blue that looked like the sky on the top half of my A2 card front and a green polka dot piece on the bottom half. The "thank you" was easily placed on the green portion since it had been turned into a sticker.
I have a die set that includes this fence and the tulips. I thought they'd add some interest and texture to the card. If you look closely, you'll see that I cut the tulip leaves and stems fromt the same green DSP as was used on the bottom of the card front.
The butterfly is a sticker that I had in my stash.
I added dark brown Nuvo Drops to each fence post where the die had cut a small hole.
Once I had my little scene adhered, I used my bowmaker to make a bow with some sheer blue ribbon. I added a narrow strip of double-sided tape across the join of the two pieces of DSP to hold the ribbon in place.
This is the sentiment I stamped on the inside. I added another butterfly sticker for some interest.
When I was volunteering at the thrift store yesterday, I was summoned by one of the employees to come to the area where these cards are sold. A customer wanted to talk to me. I thought it might be someone who wanted me to make a personalized card for them--I've had those requests in the past.
It turned out that the customer just wanted to tell me in person how much she enjoyed the cards. She said she especially loved the sentiments I put on the inside of each one because they always seem to say just the right thing for her purposes. She confessed that she thought she purchased "half" of the cards I brought each week because she loves them so much. She also said, "Please don't ever stop bringing them in!"
She has no idea how she brightened my day.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
No comments:
Post a Comment