Wish List

Monday, September 28, 2026

Chocolate bar card...

I went to a wedding shower a couple of weeks ago where the theme was cooking ingredients (like spices and other portable items) and recipes. I decided to give a chocolate-themed gift accompanied by three of my favorite recipes using different forms of chocolate. I included cocoa, chocolate chips, melting/baking chocolate, white chocolate, and some hot cocoa mix so they could have a soothing hot drink when they were done baking. I included recipes for Cocoa Drop Cookies, Zucchini Chocolate Cake and Dipped Ritz Cracker Cookies.

This is the card I made to go along with the gift:


This was such a fun card to make, and it didn't take nearly as long to make as I thought it would.

I found a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers that was clear and easy to follow. Their video can also be found on YouTube, so if you'd like to watch it, just click here.














Here's a look at it from another angle. 

I used some thin double-sided tape underneath the smallest squares.

I added a die-cut flourish to the darker brown "wrapper" and the gold foil was torn to give it a realistic look.

The sentiment was printed in brown with my computer, die-cut and popped up on top of the flourish.












This is the sentiment I printed for the inside. I actually used Google's AI app called Gemini to help me create it, so please feel free to use it for your own cards if you wish.

I had made one extra chocolate square, so I added it to the inside as a bit of embellishment.

I'd love to know if you've ever made one of these cards. They were popular a few years ago, but I haven't seen them lately.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



1 comment:

designbydonna said...

What a fun card. It really does look like a bar of chocolate. Isn't it nice to be able to make theme cards suitable to a gift? I know the couple will love this.