I have a friend that attends one of the same Tai Chi classes that we do. She's a wonderful gardener and has lots of house plants. When she offered me two of her house plants (a Crown of Thorns plant and a ZZ plant), I knew I wanted to give her a set of cards as a thank you for her generosity.
This is the front of the box I made to hold the cards. It's about 4 1/2" X 6" X 1". I used a 12" X 12" piece of cardstock to create it.
These were the first two cards I made.
When the card with the aqua cardbase is opened, the hexagon is popped up inside. I've made a number of cards like this over the years.
If you want to see another card I made using this technique, click here.
Here are two feminine birthday cards I encluded in the box. The one on the left features some canning jar stickers I've had in my stash for quite a while. I purchased them at Dollar Tree.
This card is super fun to make. I've also made them in the past, and you can see a couple more of them here, where I link to a tutorial on how it's done.
This card features six dimensional sticker squares. I've had them for a very long time, so I had to add some glue to the back of each one.
The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and popped up.
Finally, I added two sympathy cards. One with an embossed and lightly inked panel on the front and the other with one of the scenery papers I have in my stash.
My friend seemed to really appreciate this set of cards when I gave it to her. I hope she's able to eventually put all the cards to good use.
I volunteered at the thrift store again yesterday. As I was displaying some jewelry (part of my job there), a customer asked me if I was the person who brings in the handmade cards. When I said, "yes, I am," she said, "I love you!" I was a bit taken aback by such a strong statement. I guess she just really appreciates handmade cards. She continued to say that she had to get to the store early on Thursdays to get her pick of the cards because they sell out so quickly.
I want to take this opportunity to say another BIG THANK YOU to Lynette of My Stamping Addiction, who donates many of the cards I take to the store. If you had been with me yesterday, Lynette, the customer would have told you she loves you, too!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
No comments:
Post a Comment