Wish List

Friday, September 4, 2026

Thanks a bushel...

 

I had the pre-printed scalloped oval in my stash for a VERY long time--possibly years!. The large apple and flower were part of the oval design. 

I looked through my stash to find the red checked and blue papers to complement the oval and added them to the card front.


I stamped "Thanks a bushel" in the center of the oval and added the small apple image (also from my stash) with a foam square to pop it up a little.

The entire oval was then popped up on my card with some thin foam tape and a few gems were added for sparkle.




I stamped another sentiment on the inside and added two small apple stickers from my stash.

This was a simple and quick card to make, but I liked the end result. It reminded me of going to a local apple orchard to pick apples. 

Minnesota is known for developing many kinds of apples. If you've had Honeycrisp apples, you've had one of the more popular varieties that was developed at the Minnesota Arboretum, under the auspices of the University of Minnesota. Since the arboretum is not far from where I live, I have been there numerous times to taste new and old apple varieties. It's a fun, and delicious, outing!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

1 comment:

designbydonna said...

Cute card. Red and white checks make me happy. In summer, they remind me of picnics and in winter, gingerbread men.