I bought a new flower die set a while ago and finally got around to trying it out.
Because this is the first time I have used this die set, I am entering this pair of cards into Darnell's NBUS challenge #90.
I started with a very simple card. I had this scrap of aqua cardstock with a gold metallic pattern on it, and I wanted to use it on a card.
After adhering the aqua and gold piece to my card front, I cut an arched rectangle from another scrap of white cardstock.
I heat-embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder.
I cut out the four parts of the flower--the stem with leaves and three layers for the blossom. I adhered the flower beside my sentiment without enhancing it in any way.
The background pattern was so busy, I felt it was best to keep the rest of the card really simple.
I heat-embossed another sentment on the inside and the card was finished.
Another couple of scraps were used on this card--the aqua floral piece and the smaller, light aqua piece in the center.
I added thin strips of black cardstock on either side of the floral DSP and matted the smaller piece with black before popping it up.
This flower was cut from white cardstock and given some color with blending brushes.
The sentiment was stamped onto a die-cut piece of white cardstock and glued directly to the light aqua DSP.
I stamped a sentiment on the inside to finish the card.
I love working with layered flower dies. I think they add so much to a card.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
1 comment:
Love these. The gold flower is a replica of the background paper, making it really stand out. The blues are so soft and calming perfect for a get well card.
Post a Comment