Wish List

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

More fun making Halloween cards...

I've been making 6-10 Halloween cards a week and donating them to the thrift store. They seem to sell really well, which makes it all the more fun.

This cute little ghost was in my leftover pile of die-cut images from last year, so he definitely had to be used on a card this time around. 


I die-cut an orange spider web and glued it to a pale green with white polka dots card base. Then I added the ghost with some foam tape.

Finally, I added the little die-cut spider and popped up my computer-generated sentiment. The font I used for the sentiment is called "Adios Amigos," but I like it for Halloween cards because of the way the letters are shaded.





I added a portion of an orange web on the inside along with another spider. The inside sentiment was also printed with my computer.









This card was super quick to make. I die-cut the black frame, which was NBUS (never-before-used-schtuff), glued it to my card base, and then heat-embossed the sentiment, using Versafine black ink and clear embossing powder.

In looking at the photo, I feel like I should have put a little yellow or gold cardstock behind the pumpkin faces to give the illusion of a candle glowing inside.


On the inside I stamped the sentiment and then added a strip of spider web DSP (it had been laying on my work table) and two candy corn stickers.

Easy peasy.

The two card bases I used for these cards were made with some nice, heavy cardstock that the thrift store gave me. It consisted of quite a few different background colors with white polka dots and all the sheets were 8 1/2" X 11". I've had fun using them for cardmaking, and now I wish I had more, as I've run out of some of the colors.





We just got back from a quick trip to Wyoming to scatter my brother-in-law's ashes, per his request, in a lake and stream where he used to fish. We spent a little bit of time in Grand Teton National Park while we were there since we flew in and out of Jackson Hole.

While my DH and I were on a short hike, I took this photo of one of the Teton Mountains. The day was perfect--warm (but not too warm) and sunny. There were a lot of visitors in the park (we had a terrible time finding a place to park our vehicle!), but it still didn't seem crowded. It's such a beautiful place to visit, so if you haven't been there yet, you really should go!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

That little ghost is definitely too cute to spook. Love that silly grin on his face. I like the spider web in orange. I always like silhouette cards. that one is cute too. We have visited Teton's a couple of times. Very beautiful country.

Patti J said...

Another really cute card, dear friend! You have some really fun ghost dies!