Wish List

Friday, September 13, 2024

Coffee--always a good idea...

 

I bought a coffee-themed set of stamps at Dollar Tree for $1.25, and this sentiment and the cup of coffee were part of the set.

I colored the coffee cup with alcohol markers to coordinate with my DSP, which was matted with a panel of black cardstock.

The fancy corner die-cuts were made with a die from a really old set that I got years ago. I love the way they dress up a card front.


Finally, I added an enamel dot (also purchased at Dollar Tree a loooong time ago) underneath the word "coffee."










The sentiment on the inside was printed from my computer. 

I added a pocket on the left for a coffee shop gift card. Because this card was donated to the thrift store, I cut a piece of cardstock the size of a gift card, added a brief note, and put it in the pocket to demonstrate what it was for.

This was a fun card to make. I should have made several while I was at it!

It has been a busy week, but I'm hoping things settle down into more of our usual routine in the days ahead. The weather has been unusally warm. I even had to turn on the air conditioning last night. Usually by this time of the year, things are starting to cool down in Minnesota--but not this year.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love that label. I used to have a pair of scissors that made those corners. I need to do a search for them. I also like the curliques on the edge. they make a great frame for the centerpiece. I will have to keep in mind that pocket on the inside. I do a lot of gift cards and usually just put them in loose. I like that bit of decoration on the inside.

Patti J said...

This is SO cute! I need to find time to pop into Dollar Tree to see what's new! Our life has become one doctor or treatment appointment after another. Sadly, not had much creative time. Hoping by January that we are done with all of this!!! Thanks for sharing, and being patient with me!