Wish List

Friday, September 27, 2024

"Best if used by" date...

I saw this sentiment somewhere online and thought it would be fun to make a few cards with it. 

First, I added a scrap of woodgrain patterned DSP to my card front and finished off the sides of it with two narrow strips of black cardstock. These were actually quilling strips. After trying to quill a couple of cards, I decided that it really wasn't for me, so I've been using these strips on my cards.

After printing the sentiment with my computer, I die-cut it and popped it up on my card front. Then I added a "crazy bird" that had been stamped, colored with pencils and mineral spirits and die-cut. His eyes are shiny with Glossy Accents but it doesn't show up in the pictures.


The balloons were also die-cut. I inked around their edges a bit to add some dimension and then popped them up on foam squares. The strings were drawn in with a fine-point black marker.

The final embellishment was to add a couple of enamel dots to each top corner of the DSP.





The simple sentiment on the inside was computer-printed.

I think these sentiments could be used with lots of different characters or images on the front of the card. Or even just by themselves. I think it makes a fun card that could be used for ages in several different decades.

I am currently staying with my 17-year-old grandson and taking care of his family's five dogs and two cats while my daughter and her husband are on an overseas trip. They'll be gone for nine days, so I'll be ready to hand back the "pet reins" by the time they get back.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

No comments: