Wish List

Saturday, September 7, 2024

A Yoda happy birthday...

I recently made a child's birthday card using a free clipart image of Yoda. He's my favorite of the Star Wars characters, and I think he appeals to little kids, too. This card was donated to the thrift store and sold quickly, which makes me think that he's still popular.

I printed the Yoda image twice with my computer. One of the images was die-cut with a shaped square die. I fussy-cut the head from the other image so that I could pop it up on top of the die-cut image and give Yoda a little dimension.

The sentiment was cut a few times and stacked to make it sturdier and add dimension. I added a little sparkle to the stars with a glitter pen.


You can see a bit of the popped up head in this photo (especially visible on the left ear).

I also used a splatter stamp to give some texture to the background of the shaped square.








The inside sentiment that I used had been sitting in my craft space for a very long time (which is a big reason I decided to make this card). It had been printed with my computer. I'm certain I printed several of them at one time, and this one just never got used...until now.

I often print or stamp multiples of a sentiment that I like and set some of them aside to use later. I just wish I didn't usually forget that I even have them!

Do you ever use clipart on your cards? I know my crafty friend Donna (DesignbyDonna) has used some clipart, as I remember that she featured it on at least one card this past Spring.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


2 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is so cute. I love the wisdom of Yoda. He is my favorite too, I do that printing out a lot of sentiments too. I have a recipe box and separate them by catagories.

Patti J said...

Baby Yoda's my fave!!! This is darling!