Wish List

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

With deepest sympathy...

 

My favorite method for making sympathy cards is to start by using a 3D embossing folder to add an embossed design to a piece of cardstock. I did just that with a piece of aqua cardstock, and then used a dark blue ink pad to lightly add some color to the raised areas of the design. This was then adhered to a dark blue card base.


I die-cut a leafy sprig out of vellum and adhered it to my card front.The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and popped up on foam tape.


At left you see the stamped sentiment I added to the inside.

I decided to share a sympathy card today because we sadly experienced a death in our family in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. My brother-in-law, who had come that day to stay with us for a while, passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest. He had been in poor health, so it was not completely unexpected, but deeply sad, just the same. We are still a bit in shock and trying to determine the next steps to settle his estate. He had no other close family members, so we must carry out his wishes as best we can.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share a bit of my personal sorrow.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, So sorry for the passing of your brother-in-law. This is a beautiful sympathy card. I love that e/f. The vellum leaves are the perfect accent.

Glittered Paws said...

Great sympathy card. I have one to make today - one of my best friend lost both of her parents within 7 weeks of each other. Love the vellum leaves - adds just the right touch.