Wish List

Friday, August 23, 2024

A new favorite butterfly die...


 Not long ago, I purchased a new set of butterfly dies. The wings are in two separate parts, and you have to glue them together and then stabilize them by gluing on the body.



I love how you can blend colors onto the wings. The black areas on the larger butterfly wings are actually separate die-cuts that are glued in place after the coloring is done.

The smaller butterfly did not include separate dies for the black areas, so I simply colored them in with a fine-point black Sharpie. I think it worked just fine.












Here's how the card looks when it is fully open. It took a little extra measuring to cut the inside white panel to fit properly, but I got there in the end.


Here's one last look at the card when it's closed. I will definitely be using these butterfly dies a lot. I just love them! I can't wait to try making them in lots of different colors.


Lastly, I thought I'd share a pic of my little tree, grown from an avocado pit after we had finished eating it. My daughter had given me a special jar to help germinate the pit and a little booklet of step-by-step instructions. I honestly wondered if it would actually grow, but, lo and behold, it did! I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it alive or how big it will grow inside the house, but I'll let you know.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

You know how I love butterflies. These are gorgeous. Your coloring is very pretty, They look like real butterflies. I can see you will get a lot of use from them.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the butterfly die - you will use this a lot. And surprise your tree is growing, how awesome.