Wish List

Friday, August 16, 2024

Folded book card with pockets...

 Recently, I watched this video by Heidi Collins (On Y Go! Stamping) and learned how to make a folded book card with pockets. I thought it looked like fun, and I was looking for something a little bit different for my granddaughter's birthday card.

Here's the card I made following Heidi's tutorial:

I first decided on an apple theme with pink and red elements. The apples were die-cut, and the middle one is popped up.


When the card is opened to the first section, this is what you see. Notice there is a pocket on the left that holds a tag-like card.


When the card is pulled out, this is the message and image that you see. 


When the first interior "page" is turned, there is a flap on the left that can be opened (notice the arrow that I heat embossed?). On the right is a die-cut apple basket which will hold some birthday money and another pocket that holds a second card/tag.


This is the message under the flap with a stamped apple image. She turned 19 this year, so that is why all those 19s were stamped at the top of the white strip.

I used the inside of the flap to write a personal message and sign our names. Even though it is patterned, it is a pale enough design to write on.


This is a view of the tag that was tucked into the pocket behind the apple (money) basket. The sentiment and the apple were stamped onto the white card.

I made one change to Heidi's directions, and that was to make my card 4" X 6", rather than 4" X 5 1/2". The directions can easily be adapted to a different height. In fact, you could make it a 4" X 4" card if you wanted to.

We have two more family birthdays yet to celebrate in August, but I've got those cards done and have already shared one with you in this post. I will share the other one in a future post.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Another one that looks complicated but will be so fun to open and discover all the surprises. Your granddaughter will love it. I have a granddaughter turning 21.. I might try something like this.

Lynette said...

What an awesome card for your granddaughter!! So fancy and amazing.