Wish List

Monday, August 5, 2024

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #210: Anything Goes or Grey with One Other Color...

 

It's time for challenge #210 over on the Let's Craft and Create blog. Your creation can be defined as "Anything Goes" or you can opt for "Grey with One Other Color."

I thought it would be fun to create a card using grey with one other color. I decided to make a Christmas card because I am woefully behind in getting them made. For my "grey," I used some silver metallic cardstock and some silvery glitter cardstock. I chose a couple different shades of pink to pair with the silver.

I started by creating a slimline card base that measures 7 1/2" X 3 1/2". Then I cut three small recteangles from a darker pink cardstock that would fit evenly across the front of my base, leaving about 1/4" spacing on all sides. I heat-embossed a few snowflakes on two of them. 

Each small pink rectangle was matted with silver cardstock before it was glued to the card front.

I also die-cut a banner out of the lighter pink cardstock and heat-embossed "Happy Holidays" on it. It was adhered to the card with dimensionals.


I cut three snowflakes in graduated sizes--two from a silvery glitter cardstock and one from the same cardstock as the banner and card base. I layered them up and added a flat-backed gem to the center.






I heat-embossed a sentiment for the inside and added a few snowflakes that had been die-cut from some more of the silvery glitter cardstock that I had used for the other snowflakes.

I was pleased with how my pink and silver card turned out. Now I'm looking forward to seeing your creations. Head over to Let's Craft and Create and check out what the Design Team has posted to inspire you.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a pretty, soft Christmas card!

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card.. I love the pink and silver combination.The layered snowflake is spectacular. Thanks for that inspiration. I have nef=ver thought to layer snowflakes.

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card. You Have visited my blog many times (thank you) So you might know by now that PINK is my favorite color.

Glittered Paws said...

Great Christmas/winter card - love the pink - and the punch is great.