Wish List

Friday, October 28, 2022

Magic potions and flying bats...

 

This is another of the Halloween cards I made--in fact, I think I made 6 or 7 of these. I love this die set that includes all the potion bottles, a couple of books and a skull and candle. I also die cut a few bats from another die set, and the word "spooky."


Everything, but the bats and sentiment, was cut from white cardstock and colored with alcohol markers. It's just so much quicker for me to do it that way, rather than cutting each little piece out of a different color cardstock.



I think I saw this sentiment, or something similar, on a card in the drugstore. I printed it four times on a sheet of cardstock to create four inside panels for my cards.





I saw this card idea in a YouTube video. I wrote down all the dimensions--and then promptly misplaced them!! So, rather than trying to find the video again, I just made it up as I went along, 


When the inside card is pulled up, it pulls up the bats on the moon and reveals the sentiment on the inside.

There's just enough room at the bottom of the sentiment for a signature.















To create this card I used an A2 top-folding card and put the fold at the bottom. Before adhering the sides together with 1/8" red-line tape, I used a Stampin' Up Word Window punch to make the slot and a circle punch to create the half-circle divot at the top center of the card.

The interior card was cut to 3 3/4" X 5 1/2" (or slightly less to make sure it is flush with the top of the card when pushed all the way in).

A round pop dot was used to adhere the moon to the inside card and to act as a stopper so that the card doesn't pull all the way out.



On the back, I adhered a spider web border, gluing just the left and right ends to the card. This band can hold a monetary gift and/or a special note for the recipient.

I really do love making Halloween cards; I just wish I hadn't been so rushed this year. I think I made 20+ for my own use and another 8-10 for the thrift store.

I am writing this post on Thursday night, because Friday will be dedicated to a final meeting with the contractor who remodeled our kitchen and also painting the dining room. Once we get the dining room painted we can finally move the table and chairs back into place. Then it will begin to feel like "home" again.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are fun Halloween Cards. That first one is spooky for sure. But I really love the slider card. I need to make some kid's birthday cards. I think I will try this.

Lynne in NI said...

Hehehe these are fab Cheryl! I really wish Halloween cards were a thing here as they're one of my favourite makes, but NOBODY sends them and you don't even see them in the shops.

Patti J said...

Granddaughter has read all of the Harry Potter books (she’s 7!) and would love this fun card! Great job, as always!