Wish List

Friday, October 14, 2022

A couple of flip cards...

 Every once in a while I dig out my flip card die set and make some cards for the thrift store. It's fun to use this die set because it cuts out a DSP layer and the different circles for the focal point. I think customers at the thrift store find these cards fun and different from the usual.

This card features my favorite stitched butterflies. I've used a gem in the center of each one for a little sparkle.


This photo shows how the card looks when opened. I make sure to leave a little space on this side of the circle for a signature.








Here's a close-up of the largest butterfly. They can be layered, too, if you choose to do so.






Since I had some of this "little sweet pea" paper left in my stash, I thought I would also make a baby card. I wish you could see the green of the cardstock behind each scalloped layer of DSP in the photo above. I should have taken it on a lighter background.


A while ago, I bought several different kinds of tiny heart embellishments, like the one you see here. I just love them for cards like this.







Again, here is the card when it is fully opened. 

Aren't these cards a nice change from the usual side-fold or top-fold A2 cards? They actually are A2 size when folded, so no special envelope is needed.







Kitchen Remodel Update:

Tonight I was able to cook on my own stove for the first time since August 7. They moved it back into the kitchen today and hooked it up (it's a gas stove). My refrigerator is still in the dining room, but that will hopefully be moved into the kitchen in a day or two. Then we'll need to concentrate on painting the living room and dining room so we can get back to normal living!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Tese are both lovely cards. Yes, it is fun to find a fun fold card. I'm sure people sant there thinking "how did she do that>"

Patti J said...

Very pretty cards! I bet the customers love the fun flip! Thanks for sharing!!!

Lynette said...

Love your flip cards, Cheryl! And I'm so happy for you that your stove is back!! Sounds like you're almost there. Well, it's all relative, I guess. But soon!!

Glittered Paws said...

Love this die - as well as the cards. I can see why the customers love them. Isn't it nice to cook again??? Been there done that a few years back - so I do know what you are going through. It sounds like it is all coming together.

Lynne in NI said...

Aww these are both fab Cheryl, that is such a clever die you have and the papers you chose are perfect. Bet it was good to get your stove back in action, hope you enjoyed your meal!