Wish List

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Happy Halloween...

 I have managed to get all of my Halloween cards made and in the mail. Phew! It was a race to get them made in time so they would arrive before the 31st. Here is one I had fun creating:

I had this spooky die-cut house in my stash, and I wanted to use it. I backed it with some silver cardstock because I don't like house images that have "empty" window areas where the background shows through. I also had a narrow strip of white cardstock with the above verse printed on it. I soon realized that it was just the right size to add the house at the bottom. I did exactly that, and I also added the little scalloped border, but there was still something missing.


The verse says the sky is "the color of soot," so I decided to add some decidedly gray clouds. That was just the touch it needed! 

Because my house was black and the windows and doorway were metallic silver, I was able to use my cloud stencil and not worry about getting any gray smudges on the house. 

I liked this card so much, that I made another one where I added the clouds before I adhered the house.



On the inside, I stamped a simple "Happy Halloween."

Since I planned to send this card to a family member, I decided I also needed to make a couple for the thrift store. I had a 6" X 6" distressed Halloween paper stack that I had gotten from the thrift store. There were a couple of pages with some cute Halloween images on them.


 The pumpkins and the little girl were already printed on the distressed background. I added some die-cut bats and a "Happy Halloween" sentiment. 


On the inside I added a computer-generated sentiment. I like this sentiment because it works well for an adult or a child.

I'll have a few more Hallween cards to share with you in the next couple of weeks. Now that I'm done with them, though, I can finally move on to Thanksgiving cards. Those should come together pretty quickly, as I don't make nearly as many of them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love that top sentiment. You were right to add gray clouds, they add just the right touch for that spookt cute house. That little scalloped border is perfect for this card. Love the cute images on that second one.

Patti J said...

Very nice! That first card, is so cute-spooky! The second one makes me think of a creepy old doll! Great job!

Glittered Paws said...

Both of these are just too cute - and love the sentiment. Love the second card and to think it was already printed on the paper. Love the gray clouds, great idea.

Lynne in NI said...

Love these, what a fab spooky house! I have a thing for 'empty' windows too and usually end up using my clear gloss