Wish List

Friday, October 21, 2022

A Halloween hello...

 I have a new Halloween die set that features a cute cat wearing a witch's hat. It's one of those die sets that has only a few pieces to adhere together, so it's quick to make up.

I used another die set to cut a few bats to add to my little cat scene. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine black ink and then heat-embossed with clear embossing powder.


I cut the cat, bats and hat band from black cardstock and the hat from purple cardstock. The other, smaller pieces were cut from white cardstock and colored with alcohol markers. 

I also added some highlights (bats' eyes, hat band buckle, spider string and cat's whiskers and toes) with a silver gel pen.

My rickrack-style border came from a set of border stickers that I had in my stash.




I saw this sentiment on a card somewhere and wrote it down at the time. Luckily, I was able to find it recently and use it on some of my Halloween cards. I'm always writing down sentiment ideas on scraps of paper, but it's never a sure thing that I'll be able to find them when I need them!

We will be having fabulous--high 70s--weather this weekend. That means we'll have to use this opportunity to work in the yard and prepare it for the winter. Goodness knows we'll have snow soon enough. It will be great to get a little outdoor exercise for a change, though.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Too cute to be scary for sure. My kind of Halloween card.. That cat with his perplexed expression is adorable. I'm going to write down that greeting too. I need some new ones..

Lynette said...

What a cute card, Cheryl, and a great sentiment, too. Enjoy the weather!!

Patti J said...

Totally adorable, Cheryl! What a fun die! A ‘little’ someplace will be so happy to get this! You are amazing!

Glittered Paws said...

Adorable die - the cat and the hat are perfect. And as I read on you said "snow" - oh now - I'm okay with winter just not snow and ice. It has been beautiful although very windy here.

Lynne in NI said...

Aww what a fab Kittie die, love this!
Glad you're having nice weather! Our has been so damp and rainy, the garden is a soggy mess and I've never ever seen so many mushrooms when we're out walking!