Wish List

Monday, December 12, 2016

Still working on those Christmas cards...

This is another card using some pretty papers that came in an issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft. Even though we don't see robins in Minnesota in the winter, the paper was just too pretty not to use.

For anyone from the UK who reads this, the bird we most associate with Christmas here in the northern Midwest part of the US is the cardinal. And they look so pretty against the white snow. We have a couple of them that must nest somewhere nearby, as we often see them.

Anyway, I cut the edge of my paper with a Spellbinders wavy edge die, and then cut my red mat with the coordinating wavy scalloped edge die.


My little swag was made with the Martha Stewart pine branch punch. I love this punch and use it every Christmas.

The little bow was also made with a Martha Stewart punch. I added a little shading to it with a ProMarker (hard to see in the photo), and also added a little flat-backed pearl to the center.

I decided that I needed to ink a little around my stitched oval to make it more defined against the background paper. I'm not sure that was a good idea, but it's done now, and I don't want to go through the work of changing it.






On the inside of my card, I added a red mat, another tiny punched bow and a stamped sentiment.

I am finally done (okay, ALMOST done) making cards and the house is decorated. Now I've got to focus on getting the cards in the mail and baking some Christmas goodies.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

So very beautiful Cheryl!
Love those robins! Wish I can one day see a robin in real life!

designbydonna said...

Pretty designer paper. Robins at Christmas reminds us spring will surely follow. Love the scalloped edge you did/

Glittered Paws said...

Gotmy cards and most packages in the mail yesterday - the line at the post office was l-o-n-g but talking to other people helped pass the time. I get the same magazine and love their papers but seldom use them- hmmm... Love your oval stitched die with the pine branches (I have that punch too),and the paper is all you need to make a beautiful card.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card! I've never seen a Cardinal but we get loads of Robins here - they're very nosy and when you're gardening they come right up to you to see what you're doing. It wouldn't be the first time I've been caught on chatting to one ;)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love this, very cheery and the cutest little evergreen sprig.