Wish List

Sunday, December 18, 2016

I am loving this color combo for Christmas...

My background papers were from a Heidi Swapp Christmas paper pad, and I just love them together. I added some white paper lace, made with a Marianne Designs die called "border stitch lace." The red ribbon is just a piece from my stash.


My poinsettia was made with a Darice die. I love this die because it allows you to emboss the veins and also add some ink to them if you wish. I did both, and it really adds a lot of nice dimension and interest. There is a leaf die included in the set that I did not use for this card.

A die for the stamens also came with the set, but I like to use some micro beads, adhered with Glossy Accents.






On the inside of this card, I did something a little different (for me). I added a bit of decoration--more of that paper lace and ribbon--in the center just below my sentiment instead of at the top or bottom. This arrangement still leaves plenty of room for a personal note and signature. I actually kind of liked this and may use this idea on future cards.

I think we have made it through the worst of our cold snap. The temperature dipped to -24˚F (-31˚C) last night. We had a frozen water pipe this morning and our car (the one that has to sit outside) would not start. We were able to thaw the water pipe, but so far, no luck with starting the car. It has an older battery, so that may be a big part of the problem and we'll probably just have to buy a new one. It is suppose to be a balmy 24˚F tomorrow, so we'll see what happens then. Ahhh, the joys of home and car ownership in Minnesota!

I finished my wrapping today (hooray!) and mixed up the last two batches of cookies. I will bake them in the morning and then I can start on making pies, soups and other "real" food. My brother-in-law will be here on Wednesday, so I hope to have everything pretty much done by then.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your poinsettia is spectacular. Looks real. I like what you did inside. Nice to mix things up sometimes.

Sue said...

I love the color combo too! What a beautiful Christmas card, Cheryl.
That die is lovely. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hugs
Sue

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Cheryl! All your cards are so pretty! Love the beautiful poinsettias and the variety of patterned papers! I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!